Friday, December 28, 2012

LLUFA


LLUFES from Giulia Duch on Vimeo.
Happy "dia dels innocents"! Something similar to April fools that is celebrated in Catalonia. Well, used to be. I don't think anyone does it anymore... Traditionally, people make "llufes", little paper men, and stick them to stranger's backs.
I was going to the old center by myself today and, since I've always wanted to do it, I just went for it and made a dozen little "llufes" to take with me. I stuck them around on the bus, on people's doors, on graffiti, on mailboxes and bikes. I couldn't videotape all of them because I had to be furtive, but I did my best to make a little video.
Note to self: tape is hard to cut without scissors. Trying it with your mouth totally ruins the clandestine you were going for.

2 comments:

  1. It was a nice and funny idea. Maybe using a double sided tape would make it easier to stick around? What do you think?

    I like your photos very much.
    Greetings from Poland!

    Kasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that would have been smart. or pre-cut tape, maybe?

    ReplyDelete

it really makes me so very happy to hear from you, thank you!